If you love the outdoors, then whitewater river rafting is definitely something you’ll want to explore since nothing lets you experience the outdoors like an Arkansas River rafting trip. And if you’ve never been on a whitewater rafting trip, then there are some secrets you’ll definitely want to know before you go.
1. Whitewater rafting the Arkansas River isn’t just for the adventurous and skilled. There are Class I beginner sections that are perfect to take the entire family on, including kids as young as seven years old.
2. While going on an adventure is why many people choose rafting, the real secret is that there are spectacular scenic views of the Rocky Mountains, wonderful foliage to see and even lots of wildlife of all kinds to be seen on both banks of the Arkansas River.
3. Going on a short rafting trip down the Arkansas River may seem like the only way to go, but there are varying excursions available from the 1/3 day Granite Gorge trip all the way through a full day trip through Brown’s Canyon.
4. There are even 3 day trips available that gives you the full experience. Starting off on an intermediate (Class III and IV) course on the first couple of days and building up to an advanced (Class IV and Class V) mind blowing trip on the last.
5. Since this is Colorado, instead of staying in a chain hotel, there are cabins available and even camping areas. That’ll round out your vacation perfectly.
Rafting vacations will give you experiences you won’t be able to get any other way. Not only will you see wonderful scenery and wildlife, but the adrenaline rush you get when shooting whitewater rapids is unlike anything you’ll have ever experienced before. Take a look at all the great Arkansas River rafting trips available and you’ll be amazed at just how much there is to do.